You are here: Community In Memorium Chet Collins - "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Search

Elmont Online

Chet Collins - "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

dsc0065_001

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”Thomas Campbell

On behalf of the Elmont Online readership we extend condolences to the Collins Family on the passing of Mr. Chet Collins. Mr. Collins passed at approximately 12:15AM on September 4, 2012. In a brief conversation with Parkhurst President Cheryl Lee she could only say " Chet was more than a community leader, he was the brother I never had."

The Collins family informs the community as follows - Chet's wake will be held at Krauss Funeral Home, 1097 Hempstead Turnpike Franklin Square, NY 11010 on Friday, September 7, 2012:

• 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
  • 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Service will be on Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM at The Valley Stream Baptist Church, 1865 North Central Ave Valley Stream, NY 11580  and;
Internment at Greenfield Cemetery 650 Nassau Rd. Uniondale, NY 11553

Last Updated ( Thursday, 06 September 2012 09:39 )  

Comments   

0 # Janet Mahoney 2012-09-25 22:59
My deepest condolences to the Collins family; Chet you are gone but not forgotten; may your soul rest in peace
Reply | Reply with quote | Quote | Report to administrator

0 # Mr.and Mrs Knight 2012-09-07 09:36
We extend our deepest condolences to the Collins family on the passing of Mr. Chet Collins.He will truly be miss as a leader in this community.

0 # carl thompson 2012-09-06 16:42
Chet was my friend,my mentor and my supervisor as N.C.A.P officer. He will be greatly misses in the civic arena. my brother you are gone but not forgotten.

0 # Milagros Vicente 2012-09-06 13:50
Since my involvement in the Elmont community I had the great honor to have met Mr. Collins. He wished me luck and gave me encouragement during my involvement with the precinct closures. He was always a gentleman and a respectful man. The last time I spoke with him he actually thought I did not know who he was. His eyes opened when I said to him "you are one of the most important leader in our community." We spoke for about half an hour about the community, its issues and he quizzed me to see if I knew the key community leaders in Elmont. I was glad I past his test. After that encounter I felt so honored to have spent those 30 minutes speaking to him about the community and humbled to see and hear the passion he felt about his community. I send my condolences to his entire family and to every life he touched. I always believe "God's gift to us is life, what we do with it is our gift to God" I can say that Chet Collins gave the community and God a great gift.

-1 # Carrie Solages 2012-09-06 08:01
I extend my deepest condolences to the Collins Family on the passing of Mr. Collins. He was a great civics trailblazer, leading by example for over 30 years in the Elmont community. Mr. Collin served Elmont as Commanding Officer for the Nassau County Auxiliary Police Unit 104, as Delegate and President of the Community Coalition Council. Along with many personal achievements, our community will miss his fearless advocacy and spirit Mr. Collins represented.

+1 # Carol Downing 2012-09-05 09:20
May happy memories carry you through this sorrowful time. He will be missed. Condolences to the family.

0 # Allyson Phillips 2012-09-04 19:00
I will remember Chet for his passionate defense of the things he believed in. Condolences to the Collins family. He is already missed.

+3 # Michaelle Solages 2012-09-04 17:54
Chet Collins was a great man. I extend my deepest condolences to his family. He will truly be remembered as a leader in this community.

0 # Bridget 2012-09-04 10:07
I knew Chet as the guy who rang my bell to collect signatures. He was always kind and had something humorous to say. My condolences to the Chet's family. He will be missed.

<< November 2014 >> 
 Su  Mo  Tu  We  Th  Fr  Sa 
  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

Latest Comments

• Campaign to boycott (Anheuser-Busch) Bud Light Lime T.H.O.T Juice

• Tammie Williams 05/10/2014 08:14
      "Dear Ms. Williams, The derogatory depiction you ...

Read more...

• Locked Out Of The American Dream

• Tammie Williams 12/23/2013 16:55
      Thank you for sharing this compelling story. I ...

Read more...

• More Liquor for Elmont - ECSD Plan

• jay 12/18/2013 18:47
      Just a few things, the Cosmos plan calls for a ...

Read more...

• Carl Achille 12/12/2013 00:28
      The will of our community is unwavering, and our ...

Read more...

• Oh, but the children

• Lionel B 10/17/2014 07:03
      Welcome back bro! we missed the plain spoken ...

Read more...

Related Articles

No Related Articles were found.

Advertisment